Wednesday, March 28, 2012

New Friends + Glitter

Yesterday, I met with Lee (aka Lisa) of LeeSunHee Photography. What an incredible person and artist.  She has a kind, sweet heart. I am moved by her generosity, vulnerability, and enthusiasm.  I met her at a photography event in Denver called theFIX.  Lee's openness, energy, and talent is inspiring.  We shared thoughts, ideas, and areas for growth within our own businesses.  Among Lee, other artists I'm excited to have met through the event is Kristi Hill of Hillside-Studios and Abby Mortensen of Love Roots.  I blogged a few weeks ago about Jasmine Star's encouragement for artists to develop a community of support to share their struggles and their triumphs. It is exciting to see movement locally to that end.

Here are some photos Lee took of Marisa and me after we had our tea and dessert...(yes, I was a good girl and had a gluten-free macaroon).




Afterwards, on the way back to the car, Marisa and I stopped into a girl's boutique called "Glitter."  What a cute store!  I learned from the owner, Kate Gladson, that it just opened 2 weeks ago.  If you're in Castle Rock, pay her a visit! 

3 comments:

lee sun hee said...

It was wonderful meeting you too Lisa. I look forward to seeing more of your work and getting together again, in the not too distant future.

Glitter said...

So happy to have met you Lisa! The photos you took are gorgeous! Thank You!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Kate! I hope you're able to use a few for your new website. It was a pleasure meeting you, your SO, and your sweet puppy! Best wishes!