Sunday, March 18, 2012

Horsing Around

Today was my daughter's first day of horseback riding lessons. It was an epic day for her. Jana is an incredible instructor; patient, praise-filled, and she answered all of Marisa's questions (anyone who knows my daughter knows she is not afraid to ask questions). Jana had her complete a couple of obstacle courses.  Jana did such a great job instilling confidence; she even did an impersonation of an announcer introducing Marisa and Faye (Marisa's new horse friend). I may be biased, but she was so stinkin' cute.
See, stinkin' cute?!!!
Marisa and I have this "thing." We pay attention to he♥rt symbols or shapes during our day because I told her I believe they are God's love notes...to remind us that we are not alone, that we are thought of, and loved. I enjoy when she tells me about how she finds them when she is at school or playing on the playground. I've been around horses less than a handful of times, but I didn't realize horses' hooves left heart-shaped imprints on the ground. It reminded me what a gift it was that Marisa had the opportunity to take a horseback riding lesson and that I was there to watch her enjoy it (although, she looked very serious through most of it because she was intently concentrating).    

No comments: