Saturday, March 24, 2012

Happy Saturday to me

Anyone who knows me, knows that I keep myself pretty busy.  I'm running from one place to another, doing one thing or the other, and it's rare that I have an opportunity to be still.  Being still is an intentional exercise...I imagine it's no different for most people.  After doing a little bit of housekeeping and going through storage boxes of paperwork, the rest of the day was easy, peasy. 

Vegging and watching a movie turned into a 2 hour nap!  I guess my body had other plans for me.  Later in the afternoon, Marisa and I went to NaRai thai restaurant for an early dinner.  I had their medium heat (spiciness) chicken pad thai.  Just look at how yummingly, amazing...or amazingly yummy it looked:

I probably should have gotten mild, because even medium was too spicy.  Then I realized I forgot to squeeze a lime.  I usually squeeze a lime on pad thai, but didn't realize how much it reduces the spiciness of dish.  Did you know that a lime will reduce the heat on spicy foods?  Today this bit of knowledge went from fiction to fact.  Marisa had thai fried rice.  She dug into her dish before I could take a picture. 

The evening ended, with a much anticipated, long overdue massage.  I didn't think that was a picture I needed to capture.  However, a face cradle view of the floor might have been an interesting perspective shot.  :)

Good sleep, good food, and fantastic massage.  Happy Saturday (Indulgence Day) to me!

1 comment:

lee sun hee said...

This looks "yummingly amazing" heehee. I took a similar photograph when Mark and I went to Kona Grille. Love their pad thai. Everyone needs to treat themselves to a message every now and then, especially for us as Photographers (carrying all that heavy equipment for hours at a time)